Definition of task:
projection, do, line of work, line, stint, business, duty, lying-in, working class, assignment, labor, function, drive, problem, travail, proletariat, chore, parturiency, project, crack the whip, heavy, undertaking, labour, labor movement, confinement, purpose, office, childbed, tax, trade union movement, assess, role, responsibility, duty, stint, job, caper.
- venture (part of speech: noun)
- work (part of speech: noun)
- "The Quality of Mercy", W. D. Howells.
- "Stories of Authors, British and American", Edwin Watts Chubb.
- "The Blue Envelope", Roy J. Snell.