Definition of tasteful:
precise, restrained, smashing, yummy, delicious, cracking, orderly, corking, full-strength, salty, full-bodied, groovy, in good taste, flavoursome, clean, neat, chaste, processed, savory, bittersweet, seasoned, nice, gratifying, straight, scrumptious, grapy, bitter, polished, pure, appetizing, esthetic, flavoured, ambrosian, smoky, flavourful, choice, not bad, nutty, unpretentious, fastidious, svelte, spicy, pleasant-tasting, artistic, style, flavorful, bitterish, dainty, unobtrusive, understated, flavourous, sweet, keen, semisweet, peachy, aesthetic, flavored, inobtrusive, refined, grapey, piquant, sour, ingestion, flavorsome, saporous, plain, quiet, elegant, good, heavenly, unostentatious, sapid, great, delectable, nutlike, winey, urbane, vulgar, nifty, flavorous, fruity, tasty, swell, ambrosial, unaffected, subdued, slap-up, rich, bully, winy, toothsome, robust, dandy, bang-up, savoury, rude, esthetical, nectarous, zesty, pleasing, coarse, luscious.
- artistic (part of speech: adjective)
- proper (part of speech: adjective)
- tasteful (part of speech: adjective)
- elegant (part of speech: adjective)
Back to the house they came at last to luncheon, and there, sitting in the beautiful dining- room, so cool, so spacious, so singularly tasteful in every detail, they gazed upon each other in a delight which was tinged with pain.- "Victor Ollnee's Discipline", Hamlin Garland.
- "The Fourth Massachusetts Cavalry in the Closing Scenes of the War for the Maintenance of the Union, from Richmond to Appomatox", William B. Arnold Edward T. Bouvé Lasalle Corbell Pickett.