Definition of tell :
1. A hill or mound.
2. That which is told; tale; account.
3. To discern so as to report; to ascertain by observing; to find out; to discover; as, I can not tell where one color ends and the other begins.
4. To give an account; to make report.
5. To give instruction to; to make report to; to acquaint; to teach; to inform.
6. To make account of; to regard; to reckon; to value; to estimate.
7. To make known; to publish; to disclose; to divulge.
8. To mention one by one, or piece by piece; to recount; to enumerate; to reckon; to number; to count; as, to tell money.
9. To order; to request; to command.
10. To take effect; to produce a marked effect; as, every shot tells; every expression tells.
11. To utter or recite in detail; to give an account of; to narrate.
carry, read, recite, sort out, make out, order, discriminate, branch, severalise, circulate, disunite, spread abroad, advertise, bear witness, dictate, reckon, prove, evidence, express, enunciate, promulgate, shoot, reassure, demonstrate, tattle, spill, break, break up, bawl out, key, perceive, rate, arrange, publish, divulge, convey, betray, submit, vocalize, blab, mark, ordain, articulate, control, lay open, over, same, educate, open up, secernate, come apart, range, transmit, classify, secure, make known, assert, berate, get across, insure, enjoin, impart, give it to, vent, relate, say, bid, give notice, put forward, set up, declare, prescribe, split, count, assure, declaim, direct, own, advise, numerate, teach, specialize, disclose, put, clue in, voice, check, proclaim, discuss, enumerate, blurt out, furcate, discern, instruct, pick out, explain, ensure, represent, recognise, signalize, let on, leave word, regularize, herald, indicate, let out, enounce, spin, knowledge, William Tell, mention, allege, regularise, signalise, class, severalize, ascertain, find out, speciate, acknowledge, sound out, aver, promise, utter, spot, certify, name, words, hide, tally, apprise, grade, separate, give hell to, differentiate, fork, see to it, acquaint, release, set forth, secern, discover, testify, single out, identify, propound, carve up, see, rank, attack, verbalize, govern, command, inform, divide, determine, ramify, rehearse, number, ordinate, charge, understand, itemize, specialise, consecrate, come out with, pass, give out, confess, announce, show, assort, pronounce, notify, tell apart, know, part, unveil, regulate, talk, distinguish, communicate, uncover, attest, dissever, sort, guarantee, expose, reel off, give away, place, suppose, key out, speak, manifest, fall apart, reveal, recognize, enlighten, itemise, split up, posit, fill in
report (part of speech: verb)