Definition of tell:
- A hill or mound.
- That which is told; tale; account.
- To discern so as to report; to ascertain by observing; to find out; to discover; as, I can not tell where one color ends and the other begins.
- To give an account; to make report.
- To give instruction to; to make report to; to acquaint; to teach; to inform.
- To make account of; to regard; to reckon; to value; to estimate.
- To make known; to publish; to disclose; to divulge.
- To mention one by one, or piece by piece; to recount; to enumerate; to reckon; to number; to count; as, to tell money.
- To order; to request; to command.
- To take effect; to produce a marked effect; as, every shot tells; every expression tells.
- To utter or recite in detail; to give an account of; to narrate.
testify, pronounce, itemize, part, manifest, spread abroad, set up, declaim, notify, classify, place, over, consecrate, same, rank, attest, enjoin, disunite, hide, words, put forward, see, show, voice, represent, let out, recognize, reckon, acquaint, command, reassure, ordain, certify, sort out, rate, ramify, make known, posit, single out, blab, announce, break up, determine, range, discriminate, let on, bawl out, own, make out, insure, know, discuss, shoot, pick out, itemise, assort, secure, fill in, name, recount, convey, severalise, prove, demonstrate, dictate, proclaim, release, leave word, put, recognise, sort, unveil, teach, find out, give away, tattle, divulge, severalize, rehearse, regularise, transmit, discern, numerate, branch, assert, tally, set forth, allege, disclose, knowledge, split, circulate, confess, furcate, carve up, get across, key, utter, differentiate, divide, inform, explain, arrange, herald, enumerate, bid, read, enlighten, pass, submit, charge, regulate, separate, narrate, enunciate, acknowledge, speciate, sound out, signalize, berate, apprise, betray, check, control, promulgate, instruct, dissever, direct, mention, prescribe, regularize, evidence, educate, fork, order, govern, signalise, come apart, spot, aver, propound, publish, vent, specialise, class, split up, suppose, count, spin, discover, enounce, uncover, assure, spill, give out, identify, reveal, state, number, vocalize, key out, see to it, verbalize, declare, grade, fall apart, ordinate, blurt out, reel off, specialize, break, express, articulate, secernate, lay open, say, give notice, William Tell, impart, clue in, give it to, relate, talk, recite, ascertain, attack, indicate, secern, advertise, advise, give hell to, speak, communicate, expose, distinguish, ensure, bear witness, perceive, mark, promise, come out with, tell apart, understand, carry, guarantee, open up.