Definition of tempt:
inveigle, enamor, ask for, regulate, shape, enchant, determine, trance, wheedle, instigate, mold, take in, becharm, ask over, seek, charm, entice, draw, win, intrigue, entrance, motivate, cajole, tantalize, work, invite, fascinate, provoke, decoy, capture, bewitch, rouse, incite, lure, ask round, persuasion, captivate, attract, ask in, move, call for, stimulate, influence, allure, pay for, receive, provoke, catch, bid, beguile, act upon, bait, appeal to, enamour, court, draw on, lead on.
- persuade (part of speech: verb)
- seduce (part of speech: verb)
- reward (part of speech: verb)
- "Love's Usuries", Louis Creswicke.
- "The Hunters of the Ozark", Edward S. Ellis.
- "The Breaking Point", Mary Roberts Rinehart.