Definition of tentative:
lost, unfinished, in question, vacillant, doubtful, vacillatory, not settled, provisional, bewildered, conditional, inclined to think/believe/agree etc., retiring, dubious, limited, makeshift, ill at ease, inhibited, on trial, unperfected, indefinite, sketchy, subject, not final, dubitable, unconfirmed, preliminary, iffy, unsure of yourself, provisory, provisionary, start, timid, sceptical, subject to change, decide, rough, open to consideration, pendulous, probationary, unpolished, halting, unsettled, questioning.
- conditional (part of speech: adjective)
irresolute (part of speech: adjective)
- uncertain (part of speech: adjective)
- experimental (part of speech: adjective)
- "Piano Playing With Piano Questions Answered", Josef Hofmann.
- "Our Unitarian Gospel", Minot Savage.
Returning to his apartment, the young man held a brief interview with de Windt, who said little, but studied the boy's face anxiously; and, though he attempted neither advice nor remonstrance, finally made a tentative suggestion about accompanying his friend.- "The Genius", Margaret Horton Potter.