Definition of term :
1. A fixed period of time; a prescribed duration
2. A member of a compound quantity; as, a or b in a + b; ab or cd in ab - cd.
3. A piece of carved work placed under each end of the taffrail.
4. A point, line, or superficies, that limits; as, a line is the term of a superficies, and a superficies is the term of a solid.
5. A quadrangular pillar, adorned on the top with the figure of a head, as of a man, woman, or satyr; - called also terminal figure. See Terminus, n., 2 and 3.
6. A space of time granted to a debtor for discharging his obligation.
7. A word or expression; specifically, one that has a precisely limited meaning in certain relations and uses, or is peculiar to a science, art, profession, or the like; as, a technical term.
8. In Scotland, the time fixed for the payment of rents.
9. In universities, schools, etc., a definite continuous period during which instruction is regularly given to students; as, the school year is divided into three terms.
10. Propositions or promises, as in contracts, which, when assented to or accepted by another, settle the contract and bind the parties; conditions.
11. That which limits the extent of anything; limit; extremity; bound; boundary.
12. The limitation of an estate; or rather, the whole time for which an estate is granted, as for the term of a life or lives, or for a term of years.
13. The menses.
14. The subject or the predicate of a proposition; one of the three component parts of a syllogism, each one of which is used twice.
15. The time for which anything lasts; any limited time; as, a term of five years; the term of life.
16. The time in which a court is held or is open for the trial of causes.
17. To apply a term to; to name; to call; to denominate.
marches, words, confines, locution, verge, destination, circumstance, experimental condition, enclosure, moniker, edge, full term, denomination, force, endpoint, limit, course, margin, specification, limited, barrier, bourne, reservation, shape, span, terminus, season, expression, terminal figure, head, basis, marge, depot, boundary, existence, indication, consideration, interval, phase, reduce to submission, landmark, precondition, duration, terminal, phrase, line, connect, string, qualification, frontier, termination, bourn, life, pressure, quarter, stipulation, border, cycle, live, caption, end point, session, bound, stretch
name (part of speech: verb)
condition (part of speech: noun)
point of time (part of speech: noun)
rank (part of speech: noun)
word (part of speech: noun)