Definition of terminal:
- A rate charged on all freight, independent of the distance, and supposed to cover the expenses of station service, as distinct from mileage rate, generally proportionate to the distance and intended to cover movement expenses; a terminal charge.
- A town lying at the end of a railroad; - more properly called a terminus.
- Any station for the delivery or receipt of freight lying too far from the main line to be served by mere sidings.
- Either of the ends of the conducting circuit of an electrical apparatus, as an inductorium, dynamo, or electric motor, usually provided with binding screws for the attachment of wires by which a current may be conveyed into or from the machine; a pole.
- Growing at the end of a branch or stem; terminating; as, a terminal bud, flower, or spike.
- Pertaining to a railroad terminal; connected with the receipt or delivery of freight; as, terminal charges.
- That which terminates or ends; termination; extremity.
- The end of a line of railroad, with the switches, stations, sheds, and other appliances pertaining thereto.
net, clinical, airport, rearmost, concluding, bottommost, lethal, eventual, fatal, air base, congenital, arrivals, remnant, remainder, serious, diaphragm, circuit breaker, airside, magnetic pole, baggage reclaim, cathode, terminus, ADC, term, deathly, contact, unfit, profound, desperate, stop, acute, communicable, airstrip, bus shelter, coil, A drive, latest, at (long) last, worse, severe, extreme, storage, (as) a last resort, ferry, airfield, AGP, way station, chronic, bus station, start, bridgeware, latter, rod, closing, lag, store, benign, unwell, rigorous, aerodrome, end point, grave, last, failing, fell, final, crowning, killer, ultimate, vital, baggage claim, mortal, depot, ill, baleful, hindmost, circuitry, final stage, destruction, dire, goal, autoimmune, pestilent, platform, conduit, oddment, deciding, fragile, terminal figure, sick, circuit, pole, frail, bus, circuit board, entrepot, back end, utmost, advanced, accelerated graphics port, auxiliary device, apron, endmost, murderous, catching, base hardware, celestial pole, perch, accelerator card, destination, unhealthy, awful, asymptomatic, endpoint, last-place, storehouse, infectious, lowest, station, anode.
- end (part of speech: noun)
- last (part of speech: adjective)
- "Alice of Old Vincennes", Maurice Thompson.
- "The Dream Doctor", Arthur B. Reeve.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.