Definition of terminus:
- Either end of a railroad line; also, the station house, or the town or city, at that place.
- Hence, any post or stone marking a boundary; a term. See Term, 8.
- Literally, a boundary; a border; a limit.
- The Roman divinity who presided over boundaries, whose statue was properly a short pillar terminating in the bust of a man, woman, satyr, or the like, but often merely a post or stone stuck in the ground on a boundary line.
finish, wind-up, conclusion, tip, pole, consummation, completion, expiration, effect, utmost, design, extent, store, purpose, entrepot, finale, bus shelter, full term, end point, wrap-up, accomplishment, close, destination, intent, closure, point, cease, storehouse, outcome, term, terminal, fulfilment, consequence, bound, end of the line, terminal figure, condition, platform, station, resultant, final result, goal, ferry, name and address, uttermost, finis, termination, endpoint, depot, expiry, period, cessation, stop, result, way station, issue, achievement, bus station, stopping point, storage, ending, closing, address, continue.
- "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror", Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows.
- "Odd Bits of Travel with Brush and Camera", Charles M. Taylor, Jr..
- "Old Calabria", Norman Douglas.