Definition of tern:
- Any one of numerous species of long- winged aquatic birds, allied to the gulls, and belonging to Sterna and various allied genera.
- That which consists of, or pertains to, three things or numbers together; especially, a prize in a lottery resulting from the favorable combination of three numbers in the drawing; also, the three numbers themselves.
- Threefold; triple; consisting of three; ternate.
- "On the Banks of the Amazon", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Volume 16", Robert Kerr.
- "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.