Definition of terrace:
- A balcony, especially a large and uncovered one.
- A flat roof to a house; as, the buildings of the Oriental nations are covered with terraces.
- A level plain, usually with a steep front, bordering a river, a lake, or sometimes the sea.
- A raised level space, shelf, or platform of earth, supported on one or more sides by a wall, a bank of tuft, or the like, whether designed for use or pleasure.
- A street, or a row of houses, on a bank or the side of a hill; hence, any street, or row of houses.
- To form into a terrace or terraces; to furnish with a terrace or terraces, as, to terrace a garden, or a building.
- "Story of My Life, volumes 1-3", Augustus J. C. Hare.
- "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- "Eastern Tales by Many Story Tellers", Various.