Definition of terrestrial:
- Adapted for the observation of objects on land and on the earth; as, a terrestrial telescope, in distinction from an astronomical telescope.
- An inhabitant of the earth.
- Consisting of land, in distinction from water; belonging to, or inhabiting, the land or ground, in distinction from trees, water, or the like; as, terrestrial serpents.
- Of or pertaining to the earth; existing on the earth; earthly; as, terrestrial animals.
- Of or pertaining to the world, or to the present state; sublunary; mundane.
- Representing, or consisting of, the earth; as, a terrestrial globe.
temporal, erratic, earthbound, workaday, world, sublunary, earthly, temporal, tellurian, cislunar, worldly, global, wandering, sublunar, quotidian, telluric, routine, earthen, mundane, everyday, earthy, planetal, matter, world-wide, terrene, study at earthly, body, worldwide, planetary, physical, earthlike, unremarkable, place, land, secular, culture.
- "Essays", Alice Meynell.
- "The Roman Question", Edmond About.
" But just remember," persisted the chevalier, " that mighty Jove himself resorted to the expedient of adopting the shapes of various beasts, as well as birds, in his terrestrial love affairs, which was surely much more derogatory to the majesty of the king of the gods than to play in a comedy is to the dignity of a gentleman."- "Captain Fracasse", Theophile Gautier.