Definition of territory:
- A large extent or tract of land; a region; a country; a district.
- In the United States, a portion of the country not included within the limits of any State, and not yet admitted as a State into the Union, but organized with a separate legislature, under a Territorial governor and other officers appointed by the President and Senate of the United States. In Canada, a similarly organized portion of the country not yet formed into a Province.
corridor, nest, niche, bleachers, bowl, rabbit warren, conservancy, alley, territorial dominion, den, Co., burrow, airspace, claim, enclosure, sphere, crease, scene, stain, specialty, mandate, commonwealth, bag, district, court, border, conservation area, dry land, line, township, dominion, AstroTurf, soil, grime, turf, grunge, filth, the bench, lodge, habitat, earth, politics, terrain, baseline, circle, the borderland, clay, grease, province, dependency, lair, bedding, discipline, breadbasket, rule, arena, dirt, world, orbit, molehill, department, the box, belt, boundary, subject, protectorate.
- extent (part of speech: noun)
- area (part of speech: noun)
- possession (part of speech: noun)
- property (part of speech: noun)
region (part of speech: noun)
- "The Settler and the Savage", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "The Heart of Unaga", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "The Hunters of the Hills", Joseph Altsheler.