Definition of tester :
1. A canopy over a bed, supported by the bedposts.
2. A flat canopy, as over a pulpit or tomb.
3. A headpiece; a helmet.
4. An old French silver coin, originally of the value of about eighteen pence, subsequently reduced to ninepence, and later to sixpence, sterling. Hence, in modern English slang, a sixpence; - often contracted to tizzy. Called also teston.
generation, quizzer, monitor, line, serviceperson, checker, inspector, lineup, commodity, brand, evaluator, brand name, derivative, brand leader, regulator, taster, examiner, byproduct, quality controller, lab assistant, end product
- Come along, Rory, I perceive how the land lies, my boy- let's tack about, i'faith- while I have a shilling you shan't want a tester. - "The Adventures of Roderick Random", Tobias Smollett.
- The Dublin men seemed to be flagging a little, and Tester and Buchan, having apparently decided that Olva was himself again, played their accustomed game. - "The Prelude to Adventure", Hugh Walpole.
- We approached the bed and examined it- a half- tester, such as is commonly found in attics devoted to servants. - "The Boy Scouts Book of Stories", Various.