Definition of textile :
1. Pertaining to weaving or to woven fabrics; as, textile arts; woven, capable of being woven; formed by weaving; as, textile fabrics.
2. That which is, or may be, woven; a fabric made by weaving.
- " I see," said he, " that you have got Textile up to eighty- five." - "The Deluge", David Graham Phillips.
- I did not dare confess to Roebuck what I was doing in Textile. - "The Deluge", David Graham Phillips.
- Mr. Dodd, in his interesting little work on the Textile Manufactures of Great Britain, refers incidentally to the fact, in drawing a scene in the Cloth Hall of Leeds, introduced simply for the purpose of showing at how slight an expense of time and words business is transacted in this great mart of trade. - "Leading Articles on Various Subjects", Hugh Miller.