Definition of theoretical:
general, tentative, ideal, assumed, vague, transcendent, analytical, postulated, intellectual, ideal, suppositional, transcendental, formularized, philosophical, in the realm of ideas, metaphysical, academic, speculative, stated as a premise, suppositious, supposed, pure, in theory, abstractive, open to proof, a priori, conjectural, transcendental, real, unproved, instanced, contingent, imaginative, hypothetic, hypothetical, theory-based, notional, theoretic, idealized, formalistic, in the abstract, ideational, codified, technical, supposititious, unsubstantiated, problematical, logical, on paper, abstract.
- suppositional (part of speech: adjective)
- topical (part of speech: adjective)
- immaterial (part of speech: adjective)
- academic (part of speech: adjective)
The mean temperature, computed from 150 observations, was 50. 2 degrees, and from the maximum and minimum thermometer 49. 6 degrees, which is a fair approximation to the theoretical temperature calculated for the elevation and month, and allows a fall of 1 degree for 320 feet of ascent.- "Himalayan Journals V2.", J. D. Hooker.
- "Barren Honour: A Novel", George A. Lawrence.
- "Mary Minds Her Business", George Weston.