Definition of thick:
- A thicket; as, gloomy thicks.
- Abundant, close, or crowded in space; closely set; following in quick succession; frequently recurring.
- Closely; as, a plat of ground thick sown.
- Deep; profound; as, thick sleep.
- Dense; not thin; inspissated; as, thick vapors. Also used figuratively; as, thick darkness.
- Dull; not quick; as, thick of fearing.
- Frequently; fast; quick.
- Having more depth or extent from one surface to its opposite than usual; not thin or slender; as, a thick plank; thick cloth; thick paper; thick neck.
- Intimate; very friendly; familiar.
- Measuring in the third dimension other than length and breadth, or in general dimension other than length; - said of a solid body; as, a timber seven inches thick.
- Not having due distinction of syllables, or good articulation; indistinct; as, a thick utterance.
- Not transparent or clear; hence, turbid, muddy, or misty; as, the water of a river is apt to be thick after a rain.
- The thickest part, or the time when anything is thickest.
- To a great depth, or to a greater depth than usual; as, land covered thick with manure.
- To thicken.
glutinous, gelatinlike, quilted, viscid, crowded, chunky, syrupy, slow, opaque, heavyset, hebetudinous, friendly, wooden-headed, abstruse, unintelligible, doltish, duncish, buddy-buddy, muddy, impenetrable, devotedly, dim, cloudy, light, jellylike, cream, ignorant, succinct, gummy, chummy, slurred, rude, blocky, densely, clotted, obtuse, tight, clogged, rank, stupid, close, four-ply, concentrated, summary, fatheaded, gelatinous, mystifying, cordial, coagulate, thickset, thickened, creamy, turbid, dull, cryptical, eye, dumpy, ropey, viscous, deep, fraternal, insolent, ability, abundant, inscrutable, coagulated, cryptic, loyally, compact, soupy, luxuriant, midst, three-ply, adhesive, indistinct, packed, rich, obscure, deep-chested, grumose, friendly, unbearable, stocky, stringy, familiar, doltish, porous, stodgy, heavy, mysterious, coagulable, loggerheaded, thickly, bass, grumous, blockheaded, tactless, thready, thickheaded, intimate, boneheaded, dense, love, stumpy, recondite, compendious, intense, duncical, tighten, edge, intimate, dumb, curdled, profuse, fat, big, thick-witted, in good and bad times, dopey, two-ply, dimwitted, lush, familiar, thick-skulled, squat, ropy, stubby.
- deep (part of speech: adjective)
- thick (part of speech: adjective)
- dense (part of speech: adjective)