Definition of thickening:
- congealing (part of speech: verb)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- thickening (part of speech: verb)
- expanding (part of speech: verb)
- "The Red Rover", James Fenimore Cooper.
She said, resignedly, " Let's walk on," and they walked on down the narrow path between the thickening clumps of arbutus; this time he led, his head turned over his shoulder to watch her as she followed.- "The Disturbing Charm", Berta Ruck.
- "Sketches of the Covenanters", J. C. McFeeters.