Definition of thin:
- Having little thickness or extent from one surface to its opposite; as, a thin plate of metal; thin paper; a thin board; a thin covering.
- Not close; not crowded; not filling the space; not having the individuals of which the thing is composed in a close or compact state; hence, not abundant; as, the trees of a forest are thin; the corn or grass is thin.
- Not full or well grown; wanting in plumpness.
- Not stout; slim; slender; lean; gaunt; as, a person becomes thin by disease.
- Not thickly or closely; in a seattered state; as, seed sown thin.
- Rare; not dense or thick; - applied to fluids or soft mixtures; as, thin blood; thin broth; thin air.
- Slight; small; slender; flimsy; wanting substance or depth or force; superficial; inadequate; not sufficient for a covering; as, a thin disguise.
- To grow or become thin; - used with some adverbs, as out, away, etc.; as, geological strata thin out, i. e., gradually diminish in thickness until they disappear.
- To make thin ( in any of the senses of the adjective).
- Wanting in body or volume; small; feeble; not full.
101, write out, diluted, constrict, Mona Lisa, airflow, implausible, bubble, weedy, insufficient, wave, strong, lithe, angular, mere, breathy, bed out, unconvincing, general, supple, inconceivable, lissom, obese, cut off, chiseled, only, thinned, airborne, bony, fat, see through, smooth, beneath, svelte, skimpy, bubbly, turn off, liquid, grow out, wax and wane, shrivel, disembodied, elaborate, barely, meager, pale, clarified, ethereal, grating, bake, close-cropped, decoct, abbreviate, wizen, rarefied, elongated, airy, pure, weak, thickly, sketchy, gaseous, foreshorten, tiny, cadaverous, edit out, fatless, cobwebby, underneath, weakened, subdue, debase, detailed, tumble down, watery, bristly, little, deficient, ultrathin, aqueous, threadlike, scant, stretch, hairline, cut down, rawboned, thin out, slenderize, humourless, geld, bushy, ignore, ribbony, reedlike, small, spare, sheer, frail, twiglike, flimsy, thick, gummy, balding, break down, waterish, blast, fruity, bonsai, rise, filmy, quash, scale back, shrinkage, refined, shallow, twiggy, lank, contraction, slight, curve, rationalize, gaunt, blow-by-blow, deoxidize, skeletal, washy, cross-fertilize, delicate, furrowed, snub, subjugate, come down, wan, drill, boil, mirthless, dead, excess, swerve, spiritless, rare, abridge, incredible, shorten, exiguous, wasp-waisted, gassy, big, deadhead, slenderise, compressed, sunken-eyed, skinny, slender, air, unbelievable, coiffed, appealing, flat, turn out, unsubstantial, excellent, lean, sylphlike, capillary, shrivelled, lightly, papery, cross-pollinate, repress, piping, shaky, wasted, deep-eyed, watered-down, descriptive, hack, keen, light, crusted, breathable, across, thinly, filamentous, disregard, solid, hollow-eyed, tailor, boil away, be tipped with something, anorectic, slew, dwarf, fizzy, deoxidise, hyperfine, aerate, minute, adenoidal, fat, measly, boil up, scanty, few, bladed, paper-thin, sparse, distributed, trim down, shrink, under, comminuted, current, retract, burn, boil down, croaky, gossamer, beautiful, bouffant, shrill, dainty, splendid, poor, subtile, wispy, underweight, filiform, contract, lithesome, slim-waisted, scraggy, let down, sharp, likely, flow, bedhead, clear, boil over, feeble, shriveled, vapid, fleshless, make out, baby-faced, improbable, aquatic, thready, rarified, inadequate, slender-waisted, reedy, subtle, wisplike, caked, powdered, full-face, spindle-legged, hatchet-faced, brittle, atomize, faint, prune, body, gray, melt off, hairlike, rangy, be (all) skin and bone(s), elegant, airless, vaporous, scrawny, lissome, slim-jim, compact, handsome, minimum, lanky, switch off, filamentlike, wafer-thin, veer, slue, tenuous, reduce, lazy, stingy, cloud, sensitive, broad-brush, pinched, heavy, withered, puny, clothed, slim down, gangly, load, broad, broadly, polished, anorexic, unconceivable, humorless, depressed, dense, extensive, skip, slim, spindle-shanked, chiffon, attenuated, concentrate, edit, fresh-faced, scale down, keep down, nice, edited, ribbonlike, bodiless, condense, bring down, wizened, needlelike, fine, rickety, crystalline, trim back, encrusted, shrunken, gauzy, sleazy, feed, permeable, gangling, cheesy, cut back, emaciated, haggard, diaphanous, spindling, bad hair day, issue, recede, good-looking, compost, insubstantial, adulterate, rationalise, lose weight, fragile, dilute, scarce, exquisite, hang, trend, fluid, stringy, scarecrowish, atmosphere, trim, wiry, craggy, spindly, bald, cut, transparent.
- "The Star-Gazers", George Manville Fenn.
- "The King of Ireland's Son", Padraic Colum.
- "In the Bishop's Carriage", Miriam Michelson.