Definition of think :
1. Act of thinking; a thought.
2. To believe; to consider; to esteem.
3. To call anything to mind; to remember; as, I would have sent the books, but I did not think of it.
4. To conceive; to imagine.
5. To employ any of the intellectual powers except that of simple perception through the senses; to exercise the higher intellectual faculties.
6. To form an opinion by reasoning; to judge; to conclude; to believe; as, I think it will rain to- morrow.
7. To plan or design; to plot; to compass.
8. To presume; to venture.
9. To purpose; to intend; to design; to mean.
10. To reflect upon any subject; to muse; to meditate; to ponder; to consider; to deliberate.
11. To seem or appear; - used chiefly in the expressions methinketh or methinks, and methought.
moot, work out, depend, deal, entail, trust, figure out, regard, believe, consult, hold, excogitate, return, hypothecate, destine, hark back, gestate, retain, specify, ratiocinate, picture, esteem, take, feature, view, opinion, deem, signify, imply, hazard, entertain, revive, regain, call in, bet, bring forward, ruminate, telephone, resolve, examine, reminisce, think over, forecast, count on, cypher, image, mobilise, cipher, mind, withdraw, think through, see, come back, assume, think back, hammer out, belief, stand for, commemorate, conjecture, speak up, conceptualise, neglect, presuppose, find, prize, vision, phone, confer, mull, call-back, scan, recover, sound off, think out, mean, feel, envisage, stew, call up, have in mind, rally, think twice, animadvert, think of, fancy, repute, speak out, designate, retrieve, look at, pretend, intend, turn over, bone, chew on, theorise, bethink, call, visualize, recall, recollect, appreciate, revolve, say, echo, ring, look, commend, hypothesise, hypothesize, remember, mobilize, venture, conceive of, sense
calculate (part of speech: verb)
surmise, figure, calculate, rationalize, quantify, quantize, multiply, compute, count, tally, plot, study, gauge, conclude, sum, value, consider, total, weigh, schedule, guess, reckon, assess, systematize, determine, deduce, estimate, suppose, plan, approximate, presume, scheme, score, rate, rank, infer, measure, judge, account, evaluate, add, divide, program, triangulate, appraise, enumerate
reason (part of speech: verb)
think (part of speech: verb)
imagine (part of speech: verb)
- Right: I did not think that the book was so small. - "Practical Grammar and Composition", Thomas Wood.
- It would be all the same to me, I don't think I could love you. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- Oh, do you think so? - "Christopher and the Clockmakers", Sara Ware Bassett.