Definition of third:
- Constituting or being one of three equal parts into which anything is divided; as, the third part of a day.
- Next after the second; coming after two others; - the ordinal of three; as, the third hour in the day.
- The quotient of a unit divided by three; one of three equal parts into which anything is divided.
- The sixtieth part of a second of time.
- The third part of the estate of a deceased husband, which, by some local laws, the widow is entitled to enjoy during her life.
- The third tone of the scale; the mediant.
tercet, ternary, 3rd, threesome, three, triad, leash, trinity, trio, ordinal, tierce, triplet, terzetto, one-third, troika, trey, third gear, ternion, after the second, fractional, tertiary, third base, thirdly, next but one, deuce-ace, trine, terce.
- fraction (part of speech: noun)
- trisection (part of speech: noun)
- fractional (part of speech: adjective)
- "Betty Lee, Freshman", Harriet Pyne Grove.
- "Love Me Little, Love Me Long", Charles Reade Edition: 10 Language: English.
- "The Galaxy Primes", Edward Elmer Smith.