Definition of thoughtful :
1. Anxious; solicitous; concerned.
2. Attentive; careful; exercising the judgment; having the mind directed to an object; as, thoughtful of gain; thoughtful in seeking truth.
3. Full of thought; employed in meditation; contemplative; as, a man of thoughtful mind.
speculative, dark, intellectual, reflective, darkly, good, weighed, paying attention, nice, judged, well thought out, introspective, orthodox, rational, tender, deep in thought, examined, deliberate, level-headed, measured, popular, shrewd, bug-eyed, thought-out, anxious, thinking, social, ruminative, sound, pensive, seasoned, concerned, studious, musing, bemused, deliberative, selfish, warm-hearted, advertent, abstract, indulgent, deterministic, pondering, bleak, contemplative, knowing, sensible, reasoning, utopian, meditative, beatific, responsive, nonconformist, well-balanced, deductive, incisive, thoughtless, calculating, metaphysical, penetrating, appealing, benign, conceptual, absorbed, warm, wise, brainy, serious-minded, boorish, considered, cogitative, studied, reasoned, highbrow, excogitative, preoccupied, kind, generous, unselfish, philosophic, lost, sophisticated, black, cooperative, ruminant, absent, unthinking, smart, matured, broody, calculated, theoretical, perceptive, inconsiderate, curious, serious, brooding, retrospective, insightful, caring, central, kindly, profound, gentle, advised, friendly, keen, aware, melancholy, neighborly, cerebral
circumspect (part of speech: adjective)
discreet (part of speech: adjective)
vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
conscientious, mindful, meticulous, particular, guarded, responsible, finical, precise, observant, prudent, sharp-eyed, fastidious, vigilant, regardful, alert, provident, diligent, watchful, ready, exacting, cautious, attentive, scrupulous, strict, prepared, thorough, fussy, careful, heedful
courteous (part of speech: adjective)
dignified, respectful, civil, gentlemanly, gallant, obliging, deferential, considerate, noble, agreeable, ladylike, graceful, hospitable, chivalrous, well-mannered, suave, mannerly, well-bred, gracious, decorous, courteous, polite, diplomatic
- Gordon's eyes were thoughtful. - "The Son of his Father", Ridgwell Cullum.
- " That is very kind and thoughtful of you, Mr. Thurwell, and I am sorry that you should have had the trouble to no purpose. - "The New Tenant", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
- The older woman's interest became as steady, as enthusiastic in a deeply thoughtful way, as Wanda's. - "The Short Cut", Jackson Gregory.