Definition of thousand :
1. A symbol representing one thousand units; as, 1, 000, M or CI.
2. Consisting of ten hundred; being ten times one hundred.
3. Hence, consisting of a great number indefinitely.
4. Hence, indefinitely, a great number.
5. The number of ten hundred; a collection or sum consisting of ten times one hundred units or objects.
guanine, cardinal, meter, multitudinous, mebibyte, curtilage, green, kibibyte, gram, k, numerous, deoxyguanosine monophosphate, gigabyte, gm, chiliad, pace, special K, gramme, kelvin, kilobyte, metre, one thousand, gibibyte, railyard, super acid, honey oil, a thousand, millenary, 1000, gravitational constant, atomic number 19, g-force, myriad, molarity, G, super C, thousandfold, kB, m, grand piano, gee, constant of gravitation, jet, megabyte, molar concentration, railway yard, potassium, yard, cubic yard, grounds, thou, cat valium
five or more (part of speech: noun)
octagonal, sixfold, sexennial, duodecimo, million, hexadic, decade, hexahedral, hexagonal, octagon, septennial, octad, dozen, fourscore, octave, octavo, septuple, decennium, billion, sevenfold, centenary, gross, grand, hexad, hundred, sextuple, hundredfold, jillion, score, octet, heptagonal, kilo, trillion, teens, decennary
- It might be a thousand; or two, three, four, at most five thousand. - "The Castle Inn", Stanley John Weyman.
- There would now be money enough to live on, as uncle Bertram's two thousand pounds had been promised for this summer. - "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.
- And they are a thousand times the best of my life so far. - "The Brightener", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.