Definition of threatening:
hard, with child, cloggy, labored, laboured, foresight, fleshy, impenetrable, ugly, sour, grueling, sound, great, expectant, grave, saturnine, lumbering, menacing, dour, punishing, ill, gruelling, cloudy, ominous, leaden, enceinte, glowering, glum, ponderous, gravid, sinister, inauspicious, dense, big, alarming, black, backbreaking, moody, weighed down, clayey, toilsome, profound, near, intemperate, forbidding, impending, large, baneful, sullen, operose, wakeless, sonorous, overweight, grim, dark, baleful, arduous, minatory, lowering, weighty, heavy, morose, grievous, laborious, minacious, imminent.
- dangerous (part of speech: adjective)
- endangering (part of speech: verb)
- alarming (part of speech: verb)
- frightening (part of speech: verb)
- warning (part of speech: verb)
- threatening (part of speech: verb)
- "The Matador of the Five Towns and Other Stories", Arnold Bennett.
- "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists", Robert Tressell.
- "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", José Rizal.