Definition of thresh:
- Hence, to labor; to toil; also, to move violently.
- Same as Thrash.
- To beat out grain from, as straw or husks; to beat the straw or husk of ( grain) with a flail; to beat off, as the kernels of grain; as, to thrash wheat, rye, or oats; to thrash over the old straw.
- To beat soundly, as with a stick or whip; to drub.
- To practice thrashing grain or the like; to perform the business of beating grain from straw; as, a man who thrashes well.
pelt, run away, winnow, thump, jerk, break away, mess, stoneground, squiggle, drub, slog, hit, curry, whip, tread, twitch, jig, head for the hills, fiddle, assault, fling, strike, slam, cast away, club, discuss, bung up, cast out, gash, convulse, toss away, beat, switch, dispose, bunk, twist, lick, slam dance, bash, lace, sift, welt, punch out, strap, wallop, cream, rough, flog, scat, discard, lam, toss, jactitate, hammer, put away, mill wheel, batter, wiggle, slash, hide, maul, bludgeon, chuck, baste, jiggle, belabor, trounce, cast aside, pound, thresh about, assail, kick around, toss out, whale, flail, miller, moot, mill, flip, go into a huddle, birch, garner, lambaste, smash, thrash, malt, punish, lather, mosh, tromp, separate, chuck out, sky, toss around, talk over, escape, fib, bat, attack, take to the woods, clobber, turn tail, paddle, millstone, move, pummel, run, cut down, writhe, scarper, tan, work over, buffet, squirm, pitch, belt, slate, pommel, lash, whop, throw away, thrash about, rap, whup, wriggle, words, fly the coop, do, husk, hightail it, throw out.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Master Skylark", John Bennett.
- "The Bells of San Juan", Jackson Gregory.