Definition of thrift:
careful, credit union, skimping, minginess, banker, closeness, economic, clearinghouse, save, economical, clearing bank, the Fed, thrifty, economies, building society, providence, frugal, ungenerous, penny-pinching, the FDIC, husbandry, tightfistedness, niggardliness, bank, counting house, parsimoniousness, scrimping, niggardness, parsimony, thriftiness, sparing, central bank, saving.
- cheapness (part of speech: noun)
- stinginess (part of speech: noun)
- economy (part of speech: noun)
- "In-Darkest-England-and-the-Way-Out", Booth, William.
- "The Wit of a Duck and Other Papers", John Burroughs.
- "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.