Definition of thrifty:
- Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good menegement of property; sparing; frugal.
- Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty plant or colt.
- Secured by thrift; well husbanded.
- Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a thrifty farmer or mechanic.
- Well appearing; looking or being in good condition; becoming.
flourishing, penny-wise, careful, prosperous, deliberate, economical, thrive, prospering, save, chary, scotch, saving, frugal, stinting, measured, booming, roaring, boomy, provident, sparing, scavenging, canny, heedful, thriving.
- economical (part of speech: adjective)
- stingy (part of speech: adjective)
- "Paul Clifford, Volume 6.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Taken Alive", E. P. Roe.
- "Problems of Poverty", John A. Hobson.