Definition of throat :
1. A contracted portion of a vessel, or of a passage way; as, the throat of a pitcher or vase.
2. Hence, the passage through it to the stomach and lungs; the pharynx; - sometimes restricted to the fauces.
3. That end of a gaff which is next the mast.
4. The angle where the arm of an anchor is joined to the shank.
5. The inside of a timber knee.
6. The orifice of a tubular organ; the outer end of the tube of a monopetalous corolla; the faux, or fauces.
7. The part of a chimney between the gathering, or portion of the funnel which contracts in ascending, and the flue.
8. The part of the neck in front of, or ventral to, the vertebral column.
9. The upper fore corner of a boom- and- gaff sail, or of a staysail.
10. To mow, as beans, in a direction against their bending.
11. To utter in the throat; to mutter; as, to throat threats.
body, furry, abdomen, windpipe, epiglottis, gorge, heart, back, girth, corner, bony, gargle, antler, belly button, front, chest, arm, belly, capsule, anatomy, froth, pharynx, trachea, larynx, jugulum, gingivitis, dry, jugular region, carapace, flank, esophagus, anatomical, Adam's apple, dribble, agape, blowhole, gullet