Definition of thug:
punk rock, hoodlum, strong-armer, gangbanger, roughneck, yegg, exhaust hood, gangsta, goon, con artist, tough, yobo, lout, conman, gang leader, poser, racketeer, crimes, street fighter, cowl, fence, touchwood, spunk, punk, hood, bonnet, kindling, stumblebum, accessory, arsonist, yob, lens hood, abductor, punk rocker, cowling, tinder, homey, con woman, clod, drug lord, cap, gangster, gorilla, mug, yobbo, lummox, oaf, homeboy, toughie, gorilla, attack, drug baron, plug-ugly, lubber, sticker, rowdy, gawk, child molester, mobster, stumper, lump.
- combatant (part of speech: noun)
- thief (part of speech: noun)
- evildoer (part of speech: noun)
- "Jane Cable", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "Theocritus", Theocritus.
- "The Gloved Hand", Burton E. Stevenson.