Definition of tile :
1. A draintile.
2. A plate of metal used for roofing.
3. A plate, or thin piece, of baked clay, used for covering the roofs of buildings, for floors, for drains, and often for ornamental mantel works.
4. A small slab of marble or other material used for flooring.
5. A small, flat piece of dried earth or earthenware, used to cover vessels in which metals are fused.
6. A stiff hat.
7. Fig.: To cover, as if with tiles.
8. To cover with tiles; as, to tile a house.
9. To protect from the intrusion of the uninitiated; as, to tile a Masonic lodge.
flooring, tiling, ceramic tile, pantile, linoleum tile, tiled flooring, fired clay, clay, tile roofing, asphalt tile, roofing, pipe, plastic tile, bathroom tile, roofing tile, vinyl tile, terrazzo, wall tile, piping, drainage tile, decorative tile, tilework, gutter tile
- I've attempted to conceal the keys, but you will, of course, eventually discover them under that loose tile on the hearth." - "The Tracer of Lost Persons", Robert W. Chambers.
- Every piece of tile should be examined. - "Crops and Methods for Soil Improvement", Alva Agee.
- The tile- maker's wife blushed and turned her head away; but the faces of the two old mothers beamed with pleasure at the doctor's words, and the three women walked with them to the spot where the horses were waiting. - "The Country Doctor", Honore de Balzac.