Definition of time :
1. A particular period or part of duration, whether past, present, or future; a point or portion of duration; as, the time was, or has been; the time is, or will be.
2. A proper time; a season; an opportunity.
3. Duration, considered independently of any system of measurement or any employment of terms which designate limited portions thereof.
4. Hour of travail, delivery, or parturition.
5. Performance or occurrence of an action or event, considered with reference to repetition; addition of a number to itself; repetition; as, to double cloth four times; four times four, or sixteen.
7. The duration of one's life; the hours and days which a person has at his disposal.
8. The measured duration of sounds; measure; tempo; rate of movement; rhythmical division; as, common or triple time; the musician keeps good time.
9. The period at which any definite event occurred, or person lived; age; period; era; as, the Spanish Armada was destroyed in the time of Queen Elizabeth; - often in the plural; as, ancient times; modern times.
10. The present life; existence in this world as contrasted with immortal life; definite, as contrasted with infinite, duration.
11. To appoint the time for; to bring, begin, or perform at the proper season or time; as, he timed his appearance rightly.
12. To ascertain or record the time, duration, or rate of; as, to time the speed of horses, or hours for workmen.
13. To keep or beat time; to proceed or move in time.
14. To measure, as in music or harmony.
15. To pass time; to delay.
16. To regulate as to time; to accompany, or agree with, in time of movement.
the blocks, while, context, put forward, short-term, set, watch, exploit, cartridge clip, length, state of affairs, inning, ahead, false start, andante, bar, happening, stretch, clock in, postpone, tempo, kick, a bit, clef, sequence, go, hook, knock, tide, baton, half-hour, run, pass, beat, coincidence, space, punch out, life, arr., turn, climate, for the first/last etc. time, block, accident, swing, incident, punch in, at, life span, situation, metre, long, delay, tour, incidental, instant, fast, aware, bar line, big, clock time, fix, after, chapter, basis, reschedule, nowadays, standing, con amore, around, serendipity, shift, clock off, modern, conditions, cadence, clipping, dribble, accent, emprise, rearrange, put back, put off, dead heat, judgment of conviction, occasion, bass clef, move, drop back, countdown, come in, trick, conviction, event, magazine, stochastic, irregular, play, coincidentally, bring forward, reset, prison term, frequency, point, bout, a.m., bounce, distance, split second, stint, accidentally, cartridge holder, m, circumstances, sentence, fluke, con brio, allegro, rhythm, position, go back, fourth dimension, informed, unlucky, dash, strike at, schedule, succession, clock, come, irregularity, environment, meter, shoot, occurrence, bit, gest, clip, sec, about, rate, much, condemnation, forward, cross, hitch, adagio, moment, juncture, circumstance, smash, snip
indefinite duration (part of speech: noun)
duration (part of speech: noun)
leisure (part of speech: noun)
point of time (part of speech: noun)
credit (part of speech: noun)
experience (part of speech: noun)
age (part of speech: noun)