Definition of tin :
1. An elementary substance found as an oxide in the mineral cassiterite, and reduced as a soft white crystalline metal, malleable at ordinary temperatures, but brittle when heated. It is not easily oxidized in the air, and is used chiefly to coat iron to protect it from rusting, in the form of tin foil with mercury to form the reflective surface of mirrors, and in solder, bronze, speculum metal, and other alloys. Its compounds are designated as stannous, or stannic. Symbol Sn ( Stannum). Atomic weight 117. 4.
3. To cover with tin or tinned iron, or to overlay with tin foil.
fanny, hind end, abide, can buoy, bum, buttocks, stick out, canful, bottom, tooshie, erect, rear, brook, displace, bathroom, hindquarters, bear, john, send away, put forward, offer, terminate, dismiss, fundament, privy, canister shot, sack, rear end, canister, buns, tail, suffer, tin can, throne, stand, put up, digest, tolerate, contribute, raise, lav, atomic number 50, set up, Sn, nominate, butt, tail end, force out, backside, rump, give the sack, give the axe, keister, domiciliate, lavatory, fire, post, support, house, can, arse, give notice, commode, stomach, tush, potty, cannister, prat, pot, ass, seat, stool, derriere, stern, endure, case shot, toilet, provide, posterior, crapper, nates, behind
element (part of speech: noun)
europium, iodine, cobalt, zinc, neodymium, arsenic, carbon, argon, beryllium, silicon, plutonium, boron, praseodymium, phosphorus, antimony, protactinium, americium, chlorine, strontium, manganese, technetium, cadmium, erbium, copper, tantalum, potassium, lutetium, cesium, fermium, germanium, neptunium, osmium, lead, terbium, oxygen, mendelevium, californium, rhenium, xenon, berkelium, curium, thorium, rubidium, lithium, gallium, niobium, magnesium, mercury, iron, uranium, palladium, thulium, bromine, tellurium, cerium, krypton, nickel, holmium, samarium, polonium, rhodium, thallium, helium, nobelium, sodium, hydrogen, indium, neon, gold, hafnium, vanadium, silver, bismuth, molybdenum, radon, ytterbium, einsteinium, gadolinium, calcium, nitrogen, platinum, titanium, dysprosium, lanthanum, francium, iridium, chromium, scandium, aluminum, yttrium, tungsten, selenium, astatine, actinium, sulfur, fluorine, barium, radium, zirconium, ruthenium, element, promethium
metal (part of speech: noun)
- Martin caught his breath. - "If Any Man Sin", H. A. Cody.
- Mr. Martin says that Schrank still had his hands on the revolver at that time. - "The Attempted Assassination of ex-President Theodore Roosevelt", Oliver Remey Henry Cochems Wheeler Bloodgood.
- And the first thing he saw was the box of Tin Soldiers. - "The Story of a Bold Tin Soldier", Laura Lee Hope.