Definition of tint:
- A color considered with reference to other very similar colors; as, red and blue are different colors, but two shades of scarlet are different tints.
- A pale or faint tinge of any color.
- A shaded effect produced by the juxtaposition of many fine parallel lines.
- A slight coloring.
- To give a slight coloring to; to tinge.
shadow, cast, distort, allude, spook, discolor, luminous color, ghost, whole step, flush, blaze, braid, soil, pale hue, tarnish, blow dryer, crimp, shadowiness, barrette, shadiness, have-to doe with, pertain, redden, whole tone, curling iron, refinement, blow-dry, stir, vestige, discoloration, tonus, glow, reach, tonicity, equal, match, flavor, quality, brush, sully, spectre, tone of voice, taint, nuance, band, meet, tinge, flavour, coloration, rival, dash, affect, colors, dishonor, relate, tone, ground color, comb out, bear upon, patina, luminosity, step, chroma, pure tone, speck, extend to, shading, tincture, contact, bleach, brighten, trace, touch on, dot, conditioner, note, tinct, gradation, subtlety, fade, look, colour, concern, feel, bobby pin, barbershop, blacken, shade, disturb, cast, color value, musical note, timber, bear on, timbre, coloring, spirit, pigmentation, condition, point, advert, splash, come to, tad, touch, bepaint, cornrow, wraith, comb, adjoin, specter, curler, refer, backcomb, disgrace, partake, impact, feeling, nicety, fleck, spot, smell, blot, pastel color, respray.
- "A Houseful of Girls", Sarah Tytler.
- "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.
- "Marie", Alexander Pushkin.