Definition of tipple:
- An apparatus by which loaded cars are emptied by tipping; also, the place where such tipping is done.
- Liquor taken in tippling; drink.
- To drink spirituous or strong liquors habitually; to indulge in the frequent and improper used of spirituous liquors; especially, to drink frequently in small quantities, but without absolute drunkeness.
- To drink, as strong liquors, frequently or in excess.
- To put up in bundles in order to dry, as hay.
rough drawing, muster, tank up, hit the bottle, grog, order of payment, drink like a fish, sauce, liquor, potable, bill of exchange, sober up, stimulant, bib, chaser, belt, lush, drink, strong drink, aqua vitae, guzzle, juice, aperitif, double, bottle, hold your drink, conscription, abuse, dram, soak, John Barleycorn, knock back, imbibe, moonshine, selective service, cocktail, inebriant, booze, barhop, cup, draft, ardent spirits, draft copy, alcohol, spirits, hooch, draught, bend the elbow, belt down, gulp, intoxicant, nip, have a skinful, firewater, Drugs, potation, swig, rum, drawing.
- "Alec Forbes of Howglen", George MacDonald.
- "Ethel Morton's Enterprise", Mabell S.C. Smith.
- "Old Plymouth Trails", Winthrop Packard.