Definition of tiptoe :
1. Being on tiptoe, or as on tiptoe; hence, raised as high as possible; lifted up; exalted; also, alert.
2. Noiseless; stealthy.
3. The end, or tip, of the toe.
4. To step or walk on tiptoe.
- McWade now introduced the miracle worker himself, and Gray rose on tiptoe to see him. - "Flowing Gold", Rex Beach.
- " Hush," said Glen softly, and Jim crept in on tiptoe. - "The Sweep Winner", Nat Gould.
- Capitan Tiago here appeared in full dress, walking on tiptoe and leading by the hand Maria Clara, who entered timidly and with hesitation. - "The Social Cancer A Complete English Version of Noli Me Tangere", JosÃ© Rizal.