Definition of tissue:
- A fine transparent silk stuff, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures.
- A woven fabric.
- Fig.: Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series; as, a tissue of forgeries, or of falsehood.
- One of the elementary materials or fibres, having a uniform structure and a specialized function, of which ordinary animals and plants are composed; a texture; as, epithelial tissue; connective tissue.
- To form tissue of; to interweave.
mucus, thread, weave, adipose, melanin, flesh, pigment, cotton wool, interweave, veil, network, membrane, cotton swab, lace, mucous membrane, gift wrap, parcel, gossamer, mass, cotton bud, page, matrix, filigree, sheaf, gauze, tissue paper, fat, handkerchief, cotton wool ball, group, waver, pasteboard, series, face peel, facial, ream, muscle, wind, kraft, meander, silk, wander, crossing, cotton, exfoliate, card, connective tissue, sandpaper, mesh, film, cloth, bundle, cleanse.
- paper (part of speech: noun)
- texture (part of speech: noun)
- "Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Household Management", Ministry of Education.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "A Terrible Secret", May Agnes Fleming.