Definition of toe:
- A lateral projection at one end, or between the ends, of a piece, as a rod or bolt, by means of which it is moved.
- A projection from the periphery of a revolving piece, acting as a cam to lift another piece.
- Anything, or any part, corresponding to the toe of the foot; as, the toe of a boot; the toe of a skate.
- One of the terminal members, or digits, of the foot of a man or an animal.
- The fore part of the hoof or foot of an animal.
- The journal, or pivot, at the lower end of a revolving shaft or spindle, which rests in a step.
- To hold or carry the toes ( in a certain way).
- To touch or reach with the toes; to come fully up to; as, to toe the mark.
- "Orientations", William Somerset Maugham.
- "Together", Robert Herrick (1868-1938).
- "Explorers of the Dawn", Mazo de la Roche.