Definition of toilsome:
knockout, unvoiced, dense, moiling, operose, voiceless, grave, leaden, punishing, sweaty, killer, surd, herculean, fleshy, grievous, strong, pick-and-shovel, grueling, exhausting, straining, labored, killing, with child, heavy, persnickety, expectant, gravid, great, sound, hellacious, laborious, lowering, exacting, clayey, weighed down, cloggy, big, ponderous, testing, concentrated, tall, stiff, wakeless, lumbering, arduous, large, overweight, challenging, labourious, rigorous, taxing, sullen, sonorous, intemperate, enceinte, weighty, Augean, hard, effortful, threatening, backbreaking, profound, impenetrable, murderous, gruelling, laboured.
difficult (part of speech: adjective)
- weary (part of speech: adjective)
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3)", Isaac Disraeli.
- "Detailed Minutiae of Soldier life in the Army of Northern Virginia, 1861-1865", Carlton McCarthy.
- "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.