Definition of tolerable :
1. Capable of being borne or endured; supportable, either physically or mentally.
2. Moderately good or agreeable; not contemptible; not very excellent or pleasing, but such as can be borne or received without disgust, resentment, or opposition; passable; as, a tolerable administration; a tolerable entertainment; a tolerable translation.
disappointing, mediocre, sustainable, sufficient, common, suboptimal, fine, limited, fairish, goodish, fair, tidy, inadequate, sufferable, inferior, substandard, fair to middling, equal, poor, OK, respectable, reasonable, good, so-so, undistinguished, supportable, bearable, endurable, indifferent, average, unsatisfactory, ordinary, moderate, all right, enough, serviceable, continue, decent
acceptable (part of speech: adjective)
- " Those are three tolerable motives," he acquiesced. - "Max Carrados", Ernest Bramah.
- This front, with the men in scarlet uniform, made a tolerable show. - "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.
- The Romans submitted to this conduct of the Gauls with tolerable satisfaction, provided they did not take any active part at all; but the Carthaginian bore it with great discontent, giving out that he had come invited by the Gauls to set them at liberty. - "The History of Rome; Books Nine to Twenty-Six", Titus Livius.