Definition of tolerance:
- Allowed amount of variation from the standard or from exact conformity to the specified dimensions, weight, etc., as in various mechanical operations;
- Capability of growth in more or less shade.
- The amount which coins, either singly or in lots, are legally allowed to vary above or below the standard of weight or fineness.
- The endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; toleration.
- The power or capacity of enduring; the act of enduring; endurance.
- The power possessed or acquired by some persons of bearing doses of medicine which in ordinary cases would prove injurious or fatal.
good will, gross profit, compassion, grace, concession, long-suffering, charitableness, border, leeway, toleration, endurance, margin, resignation, threshold, license, gross profit margin, sufferance, allowance, permissiveness, adjustment, security deposit, mercy, humanity, limit, understanding, indulgence, liberalism, perimeter, permission, valuation reserve, valuation account, patience, leniency, accept, sensitivity, allowance account, lenity, end, altruism.
mildness (part of speech: noun)
- resistance (part of speech: noun)
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
- "Chaucer and His Times", Grace E. Hadow.
- "The Life Everlasting: A Reality of Romance", Marie Corelli.