Definition of tory:
- A member of the conservative party, as opposed to the progressive party which was formerly called the Whig, and is now called the Liberal, party; an earnest supporter of exsisting royal and ecclesiastical authority.
- Of ro pertaining to the Tories.
- One who, in the time of the Revolution, favored submitting tothe claims of Great Britain against the colonies; an adherent tothe crown.
- "Richard Carvel, Volume 5", Winston Churchill.
- "The Framework of Home Rule", Erskine Childers.
- "The Dare Boys of 1776", Stephen Angus Cox.