Definition of trader :
1. A vessel engaged in the coasting or foreign trade.
2. One engaged in trade or commerce; one who makes a business of buying and selling or of barter; a merchant; a trafficker; as, a trader to the East Indies; a country trader.
merchant (part of speech: noun)
businesswoman, caterer, salesman, floorwalker, exporter, jobber, businessman, merchandizer, merchant, seller, wholesaler, middleman, distributor, saleswoman, monger, importer, supplier, dealer, retailer, salesperson, shopkeeper, storekeeper, vendor, salesclerk, agent, marketer, businessperson
- What I want you to see is that I did not grudge my brother his share of my father's inheritance, like any petty trader. - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- You should know what happens when a trader kills a native young, even accidentally. - "Youth", Isaac Asimov.
- Told you, he's a trader. - "The Players", Everett B. Cole.