Definition of traduce:
- To draw away; to seduce.
- To expose to contempt or shame; to represent as blamable; to calumniate; to vilify; to defame.
- To increase or distribute by propagation.
- To represent; to exhibit; to display; to expose; to make an example of.
- To transfer; to transmit; to hand down; as, to traduce mental qualities to one's descendants.
- To translate from one language to another; as, to traduce and compose works.
Once committed irrevocably to the opposition of Mr. Gladstone's Bills, Mr. Chamberlain, standing on Imperial ground, which seemed to him and his followers firm enough then, used his unrivalled debating powers to traduce and exasperate the Irish people and their leaders by every device in his power.- "The Framework of Home Rule", Erskine Childers.
The Lord help me to " Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others," and have the Charity that will not take a mean advantage of my neighbor because I have the chance, and thus traduce the precious name of the Holy Jesus by calling myself one of His followers.- "Godliness", Catherine Booth.
- "The Laws of Etiquette", A Gentleman.