Definition of traffic:
- Commerce, either by barter or by buying and selling; interchange of goods and commodities; trade.
- Commodities of the market.
- The business done upon a railway, steamboat line, etc., with reference to the number of passengers or the amount of freight carried.
- To exchange in traffic; to effect by a bargain or for a consideration.
- To pass goods and commodities from one person to another for an equivalent in goods or money; to buy or sell goods; to barter; to trade.
- To trade meanly or mercenarily; to bargain.
job, vocation, trading, soliciting, employment, commerce, familiarity, craft, concern, travel, occupation, handicraft, business, truck, action, industry, profession, intercourse, affair, relations, art, movement, flux, passage, transit, transaction, transportation, dealing, patronage, custom, calling, duty, work, dealings, avocation.
- "A Midsummer Drive Through The Pyrenees", Edwin Asa Dix.
- "Beyond", John Galsworthy.
- "Over Prairie Trails", Frederick Philip Grove.