Definition of train :
1. A connected line of cars or carriages on a railroad.
2. A consecution or succession of connected things; a series.
3. A following edge. See Advancing edge, above.
4. A heavy long sleigh used in Canada for the transportation of merchandise, wood, and the like.
5. A line of gunpowder laid to lead fire to a charge, mine, or the like.
6. A number of followers; a body of attendants; a retinue; a suite.
7. A roll train; as, a 12- inch train.
8. Hence, something tied to a lure to entice a hawk; also, a trap for an animal; a snare.
9. Regular method; process; course; order; as, things now in a train for settlement.
10. That part of a gown which trails behind the wearer.
11. That which draws along; especially, persuasion, artifice, or enticement; allurement.
12. The after part of a gun carriage; the trail.
13. The aggregation of men, animals, and vehicles which accompany an army or one of its subdivisions, and transport its baggage, ammunition, supplies, and reserve materials of all kinds.
14. The number of beats of a watch in any certain time.
15. The tail of a bird.
16. To be drilled in military exercises; to do duty in a military company.
17. To break, tame, and accustom to draw, as oxen.
18. To draw along; to trail; to drag.
19. To draw by persuasion, artifice, or the like; to attract by stratagem; to entice; to allure.
20. To lead or direct, and form to a wall or espalier; to form to a proper shape, by bending, lopping, or pruning; as, to train young trees.
21. To prepare by exercise, diet, instruction, etc., for any physical contest; as, to train for a boat race.
22. To teach and form by practice; to educate; to exercise; to discipline; as, to train the militia to the manual exercise; to train soldiers to the use of arms.
23. To trace, as a lode or any mineral appearance, to its head.
discipline, naturalize, passenger, explicate, arrest, rent, adopt, formulate, order, evolve, organize, channelise, carry, curb, modernise, streak, cosmic string, fight, chequer, ready, dog, precede, mark off, convey, posse, inveigh, see, specify, bullet train, ascertain, tick, Amtrak, stipulate, civilize, delay, give lessons, devise, maneuver, read, vilify, head, control, ensure, choose, direct, learn, uprise, revile, breast pocket, subscribe to, manoeuvre, check into, find out, draw a bead on, catena, ask, purpose, crocodile, send, get hold of, cram, correct, get, assume, hold in, turn back, determine, recrudesce, compost, checker, exercise, match, cultivate, manoeuver, arise, professional, keep up, coattails, gear up, call for, propose, take aim, nexus, retinue, absorb, target, funicular, work, tick off, need, postulate, exact, crack, geared wheel, spot, research, gibe, subscribe, pro, hire, retrain, rash, fix, occupy, memorize, check up on, range, file, railroad, go over, coaching, Eurostar, drop back, gear mechanism, produce, film, mastermind, crop, cross-training, answer to, select, rail in, lease, go after, tag, deadhead, ground, limited, grow, fire off, litter, avalanche, armhole, hang back, check out, address, drop behind, tally, twine, arm, pattern, hold back, collar, engineer, drag, cock, consider, orchestrate, shoot, power train, suss out, set up, phalanx, take in, stop, require, withdraw, acquire, cross-pollinate, wagon train, look at, have, blind, take up, bonsai, take on, machinate, make, track, breast, cogwheel, channelize, over, mark, inform, curry, subway, claim, personal trainer, let off, paraphernalia, gears, gear, see to it, assure, hold, fill, contract, get behind, strand, underground, rise, following, dress, acquaint yourself with something, aerate, handler, column, condition, admit, engage, place, jibe, run, naturalise, drive, initiate, check off, nurture, master, care label, prepare, bed out, buttonhole, boat train, specialize, load, wake, chase after, consume, electric, qualify, elevated, modernize, caravan, accept, look into, spotter, cook, open up, cordon, freight, drawing string, bib, shoot for, Kitty litter, check, ingest, give instruction, strike, pick up, necessitate, fire, deal, organise, chase, steer, study, appurtenance, fulminate, tail, cover, discharge, gearing, chain reaction, correspond, get up, motorcade, domino effect, neaten, retard, agree, entourage, submit, suite, take away, spring up, aim, feed, check over, drawstring, lead, railroad train, demand, civilise, set, express, flow, cue, call off, pack, sort out, take, freight train, bowed stringed instrument, fit, develop, charter, rail off, process, kennel, specialise, cross-fertilize, shack, bring, round, purport, aspire, rail, review, geartrain, originate, give chase, pick out, gear wheel, trail, cat litter, calculate, cavalcade, point, catenation, make grow, use up, bodice, induct, contain, germinate, cable railway, conduct, moderate, watch, remove, heel, armada, vituperate, involve, proceedings, insure, build up
manage animals (part of speech: verb)
teach (part of speech: verb)
vehicle (part of speech: noun)
coupe, roadster, station wagon, limousine, automobile, stagecoach, landau, buggy, armored car, cab, sedan, taxicab, wagon, bicycle, hearse, tractor, cart, coach, sled, car, ship, bus, fire engine, jalopy, truck, conveyance, jeep, convertible, boxcar, auto, vehicle, sledge, van, ferry, ambulance, barge, motorcycle, boat, brougham, gondola, taxi, motorcar
sequence (part of speech: noun)
gamut, progression, string, sequel, succession, course, consecution, linkage, series, arrangement, subsequence, line, procession, legacy, chain, queue, consecutiveness, sequence, link, consequence, lineage, thread, concatenation, array, rank
- Remember the beautiful little train?
- Just this time yesterday he had got into the train, just this time yesterday turned and seen the face which had refused to leave him since. - "Beyond", John Galsworthy.
- He knew you did, sir, when you never came, and he told me to tell you there was no such train. - "A Thief in the Night", E. W. Hornung.