Definition of trainer :
1. A militiaman when called out for exercise or discipline.
2. One who trains; an instructor; especially, one who trains or prepares men, horses, etc., for exercises requiring physical agility and strength.
heel, flight simulator, answer to, domesticate, headteacher, pedagogue, professional, Kitty litter, faculty, coaching, head, exercise, personal trainer, kennel, call off, spot, pro, teach, train, headmistress, spotter, litter, housemaster, cat litter, cross-training, houseparent
teacher (part of speech: noun)
guru, advisor, headmaster, pilot, officer, mentor, counselor, master, professor, coach, boss, handler, schoolmistress, guide, teacher, lecturer, schoolmaster, tutor, drillmaster, educator, instructor, manager
- Of course, it is easy to say that this is absurd, that the horses must have got some signals from their trainer; but, as it happened, they would do their work in the absence of their trainer; they would do it in the dark, or with a sack over their heads, and the best scientific minds of Germany were unable to suggest any test conditions which could not be met. - "The Book of Life: Vol. I Mind and Body; Vol. II Love and Society", Upton Sinclair.
- During this talk a broad- shouldered man had joined the group, and my companion whispered that he was " Bill" Newman, the famous elephant- trainer. - "Careers of Danger and Daring", Cleveland Moffett.
- But he could not put up a fight and his temperature rose in the afternoon and he could not meet with his gymnasium class in South Harvey in the evening, but sent a trainer instead. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.