Definition of traitor:
- Hence, one who betrays any confidence or trust; a betrayer.
- One who violates his allegiance and betrays his country; one guilty of treason; one who, in breach of trust, delivers his country to an enemy, or yields up any fort or place intrusted to his defense, or surrenders an army or body of troops to the enemy, unless when vanquished; also, one who takes arms and levies war against his country; or one who aids an enemy in conquering his country. See Treason.
- To act the traitor toward; to betray; to deceive.
fifth columnist, betrayer, rat, plotter, backstabber, squealer, collaborationist, quisling, two-timer, collaborate, imposter, stool pigeon, recreant, traducer, stoolie, copperhead, Brutus, hypocrite, blabber, a snake in the grass, fifth column, Judas, double-crosser, Benedict Arnold, bug, counterspy, serpent, apostate, treasonist, agent, informant, renegade, trust, ratfink, collaboration, turncoat, Judas, snake, spy, industrial espionage, counterintelligence, deserter, collaborator, informer, conspirator, espionage, double dealer, double agent, fink, intriguer, rebel.
- bad person (part of speech: noun)
- villain (part of speech: noun)
- "Castle Richmond", Anthony Trollope.
- "The White Knight: Tirant lo Blanc", Joanot Martorell and Marti Johan d'Galba.
- "A Boy's Ride", Gulielma Zollinger.