Definition of tram:
- A car on a horse railroad.
- A four- wheeled truck running on rails, and used in a mine, as for carrying coal or ore.
- A silk thread formed of two or more threads twisted together, used especially for the weft, or cross threads, of the best quality of velvets and silk goods.
- One of the rails of a tramway.
- Same as Trammel, n., 6.
- The shaft of a cart.
- To convey or transport on a tramway or on a tram car.
- To operate, or conduct the business of, a tramway; to travel by tramway.
all-terrain vehicle, bullet train, boat train, deadhead, camper van, cable tramway, bus, Eurostar, cable railway, freight train, streetcar, breakdown truck, trolley, aerial tramway, streetcar track, freight, ambulance, trolley car, funicular, ATV, 4WD, tramline, ropeway, tramcar, express, tramway, camper, 18-wheeler, Amtrak.
- "The Twilight of the Souls", Louis Couperus.
- "It Happened in Egypt", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "The Prelude to Adventure", Hugh Walpole.