Definition of trance:
- A condition, often simulating death, in which there is a total suspension of the power of voluntary movement, with abolition of all evidences of mental activity and the reduction to a minimum of all the vital functions so that the patient lies still and apparently unconscious of surrounding objects, while the pulsation of the heart and the breathing, although still present, are almost or altogether imperceptible.
- A state in which the soul seems to have passed out of the body into another state of being, or to be rapt into visions; an ecstasy.
- A tedious journey.
- To entrance.
- To pass over or across; to traverse.
- To pass; to travel.
romance, meditation, fantasy, captivation, tour, enthrall, bewitch, hex, background music, stupefaction, brown study, blues, spellbind, captivate, watch, unconscious, awareness, see, study, reverie, hitch, mesmerise, hypnotize, backing, fog, pick up, bluegrass, trip up, ambient, daydreaming, daze, T.M., overtake, brown study, get, intrigue, grip, overhear, befuddlement, view, take in, woolgathering, charm, magnetise, bemusement, jinx, entrance, hallucination, mystification, ravish, puzzlement, bewitchment, comatose, fancy, piece, fascinate, becharm, absent-mindedness, conquer, out, beguile, transport, meditative, mesmerize, semiconscious, glamour, out for the count, enchantment, enthral, hypnotherapy, hypnotic, acid jazz, acid house, fast asleep, daze, magical spell, enchant, hypnotist, turn, hypnotism, influence, delight, enrapture, go, under, bhangra, hypnosis, enamour, fascination, bewilderedness, muddle, juggle, while, catch up with, witch, perplexity, tempt, catch, abstraction, out cold, arrest, sound asleep, dream, vision, spell, enamor, asleep, backup, bewilderment, appropriate, take hold of, discombobulation, patch, bebop, enthrallment, magnetize, hoodwink, grab, magic spell, muse, transfix, seize, day-dream, capture, meditate.
- "Leaves from a Field Note-Book", J. H. Morgan.
- "Thelma", Marie Corelli.
- "Sight Unseen", Mary Roberts Rinehart.