Definition of tranquil:
soundless, hushed, angry, paradisiacal, perturbed, noneffervescent, still, unflustered, good-tempered, bland, equable, peaceful, unperturbed, balmy, unagitated, silent, agitated, agreeable, serene, fluid, muted, lenient, fair, sober, politic, calm, stilly, unflurried, placid, restful, unruffled, smooth, measured, pleasing, self-possessed, reasonable, quiet, legato, whispering, comforting, patient, amicable, fluent, even, tame, suave, sedative, liquid, low.
- moderate (part of speech: adjective)
- calm (part of speech: adjective)
- motionless (part of speech: adjective)
- peaceful (part of speech: adjective)
unexcitable (part of speech: adjective)
- "Wives and Widows; or The Broken Life", Ann S. Stephens.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "A Tale of Two Cities A Story of the French Revolution", Charles Dickens.