Definition of transfer:
- A drawing or writing printed off from one surface on another, as in ceramics and in many decorative arts.
- A pathological process by virtue of which a unilateral morbid condition on being abolished on one side of the body makes its appearance in the corresponding region upon the other side.
- A picture, or the like, removed from one body or ground to another, as from wood to canvas, or from one piece of canvas to another.
- A soldier removed from one troop, or body of troops, and placed in another.
- That which is transferred.
- The act of transferring, or the state of being transferred; the removal or conveyance of a thing from one place or person to another.
- The conveyance of right, title, or property, either real or personal, from one person to another, whether by sale, by gift, or otherwise.
- To convey from one place or person another; to transport, remove, or cause to pass, to another place or person; as, to transfer the laws of one country to another; to transfer suspicion.
- To make over the possession or control of; to pass; to convey, as a right, from one person to another; to give; as, the title to land is transferred by deed.
- To remove from one substance or surface to another; as, to transfer drawings or engravings to a lithographic stone.
transfuse, present, conveyancing, disturbance, enrapture, drop out, conveying, withdraw, ticket, capitulate, attend, raptus, season ticket, delight, shunt, confide, borrow, reach, cede, carnet, turn over, channelise, get rid of, polish off, distribute, refer, enter, alter, deposit, recommend, deplane, graft, shoot, disturb, command, permute, exile, wobble, channelize, transpose, busy signal, modify, movement, vest, slay, impartation, deed, boarding pass, lurch, move out, renounce, pay in, action, enthral, furnish, alienate, fill in, canalise, propel, steer, repose, audit, argyle, reassign, take away, change over, buck, absent, roll, center, on, vary, communicate, tape drive, boy, expatriation, carry-forward, return, hawk, enrollment, stand in, reposition, transmit, carry-over, credit, enthrall, conveyance of title, transferee, attendance, landing card, revise, transplant, contribute, deepen, absence, stock, delegate, run off, broadcast, adapt, tilt, switch, fake, dislodge, beam, transferal, advance, attach, call, join, blue, locomotion, murder, articulation, back, move on, ravish, duplicate, dial, auction, head, motion, give, agitate, absenteeism, transport, air, enroll, trust, manoeuvre, take out, pitch, move with the times, flight, peddle, lavish, photocopy, directions, caller, embark, enchant, counterfeit, backfield, bump off, catch, substitute, mover, manhandle, conference, off, dislocate, close, ecstasy, chronology, pack, guide, board, conveyance, channel, supply, leave, bank, removal, call back, check, manoeuver, assignment, alien, all-American, club, instructions, change, center forward, direct, take, bus pass, shift, yield, spread, maneuver, dub, entrance, get on, rapture, token, transportation, arrangement, law, arabesque, shipping, part with, change your mind, start, column, coloration, push, careen, provide, restricted fare, knock off, launch, commend, retail, sign over, fare, displace, see reason/sense, imparting, busy, open, transference, deportation, boarding card, canalize, arrive, backpedal, make over, debit, point, disembarkation, give over, exaltation, break into, hand, e-ticket, call in, counterchange, cut off, help, mortgage, configuration, convert, answer, land, call up, transportation system, ballplayer, reproduce, tape transport, transferral, commit, entrust, copy, commute, single, array, forge, transfer of training, hit.
- recording (part of speech: verb)
- carry (part of speech: verb)
- ship (part of speech: verb)
- transfer (part of speech: verb)
- bring (part of speech: verb)
- move (part of speech: verb)
- barter (part of speech: verb)
- "The Log of a Privateersman", Harry Collingwood.
- "Sant' Ilario", F. Marion Crawford.
- "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.